The Intermediate level Document Controller will engage with our Project team to manage the workflow of all project associated documentation throughout the lifecycle of a given engagement effort. This position requires working with Project Management, Engineering and Design Drafting to manage and log all associated correspondence with external sources to ensure the integrity of the Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS).
The Intermediate level Document Controller will function both independently engaging on various project related design and support efforts as well as working as part of a comprehensive team working with other technical staff, Project Managers and customers. This role will be also be responsible for ensuring compliance with all corporate documented standards and procedures.
The Intermediate level Document Controller will be responsible for project execution including:
• Operate and maintain systems for the collection, classification, retrieval and retention of records, images, documents and information
• Makes decisions and recommendations within established guidelines, procedures or polices and up to those within authorized limits
• Full responsibility for representing and acting on behalf of the user group as it relates to the maintenance and management of records/documents
• Appropriately identify and categorize documents
• Manage security access to corporate repositories (with appropriate approvals in place)
• Utilizes standard and custom software to perform maintenance of files, archiving, turnover etc.
• Provide technical support and assistance to project members for the Document Control System
• Manage the electronic data management system including report generation
• Manage and maintain document control procedures, templates and policies
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Diploma/degree from a Business Administration, Arts or Science post-secondary program or related experience
• 3 – 7 years of previous experience in document control related activities
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Strong organizational skills including task management, planning and multiple resource coordination
• Familiarity with Large File Transfer Site (FTP) utilization
• Proficient in use of electronic Document/Data Management Systems
• Strong command of the English language (both written and verbal)
• Ability to develop and maintain strong personal relationships
• Experience within an Engineering, Oil & Gas and/or Electrical Utility environment would be considered an asset.
• Experience with working on multiple projects with varying deadlines and priorities